– Survey –
Since some 45 years we have been involved not only in systematically collecting books, pamphlets, articles and a great variety of other material by and about Leon Trotsky, Trotskyism and Trotskyists, but also have been engaged in cataloguing the bulk of our acquisitions and in compiling a considerable number of relevant bibliographies, some of which being widely acknowledged as useful and indispensable reference tools within the community of scholars, librarians and archivists. Some of our bibliographical works were published in printed form by Saur Verlag (Munich, etc.) between 1982 and 1999, others appeared in scholarly journals, others have been made accessible by us since 2004 as online resources (as HTML or PDF files) within the framework of our TrotskyanaNet website.
Within the various sections of TrotskyanaNet, we provide the following bibliographic reference works (as well as some features about them):
- the Lubitz' Leon Trotsky Bibliography (or, LLTB, for short) [ISSN 2190-0183], a regularly revised and amended exhaustive online reference work; LLTB is a substantially enlarged, expanded and revised follow-up version of the three printed editions of our Trotsky Bibliography (1982, 1988, 1999). The present LLTB might be considered the core of the TrotskyanaNet website;
- the Trotskyist Serials Bibliography [PDF], which is a very slightly revised (but not updated!), version of the printed edition from 1993 which has been out-of-print since 1999; a feature about the Trotskyist Serials Bibliography is available, too;
- the Ernest Mandel Bibliography, an exhaustive bibliography of works by and about one of the most eminent Trotskyists for many decades (an ongoing project); an earlier version of this bibliography (as at 2004) is still available as a PDF file;
- the Pierre Broué Bibliography listing writings by and about the famous French Trotsky biographer and Trotskyist historian;
- the University Works bibliography listing dissertations, theses and similar university works in the field of Trotsky and Trotskyism research;
- Trotsky in Coyoacán, a bibliography about the assassination of Leon Trotsky and about his house in Coyoacán (Mexico) where he spent the last sixteen months of his exile in Mexico - now being the Museo Casa de León Trotsky;
- some bibliographical notes concerning Trotsky's genealogy.
- some 50 smaller bibliographies forming part of biographical miscellanies about a number of more or less renowned Trotskyists (or, Ex-Trotskyist), e.g. I. Deutscher, J.P. Cannon, J. Hansen, J. Van Heijenoort, all featured within the Bio-bibliographical Sketches section of TrotskyanaNet.